Sunday 24 March 2013

FIRST!

Finally, I will be first in the comments section! Undisputed, uncontested... and largely ignored.

I don't know what this obsession is that we have with being the first to comment on a story we have read on Ain't It Cool News or any number of other movie, music, etc websites.

*BREAKING NEWS THAT WILL SAVE YOU FROM THE ABOVE TOPIC THAT YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT*

So my sister has been bugging me to create a blog for a while now (occasionally my mom, too) and largely because of a series of emails I sent to the family called "The Bachelor Chronicles"- an augmented-reality version of the days that my beautiful wife spent away from home, and how quickly my situation without her at home devolved into abject chaos. We'll be getting to those, but first...
An introduction: (should that have been a colon or a semi? I got nothing.)

I am Jared.
I am overly opinionated on just about everything. I am trying to get better. And those opinions are not unshakeable when contrary facts are introduced.

I occasionally admit when I am wrong.

I need to lose some weight.

I love music. I have been told by "experts" that comparatively, I have a more than average interest in the minutiae of music and movies, their enjoyment, and their technical production.

I love to sing like I love to breathe, and I write original music, all for or about Christ because He has done a lot for me. My ability to write is directly linked to my faith.

I love to read. (Yeah, everyone loves to read, you say, but that's not quite true anymore, is it? A lot of people are filling in the blanks with Netflix instead of books these days) I read graphic novels and NOVEL novels a LOT. I am currently splitting my time between four graphic novel series and three books.

I run a cell phone store for a prominent national company, and unlike a lot of people, I really like my job and my company. My company's got style, and a great vision for telecommunications. There are good and bad days, but I like that my job challenges me so I don't stagnate. I probably won't talk a ton about work, because its, y'know, work. I like my job, but my life isn't my job.

I have been happily married for over 13 years, and my wife is amazing. Just amazing. I still need to discuss with her what level of exposure she wants to have on this blog, so I will hold back certain details for now, until we have that discussion. Not that I think anyone but four family members will be reading this. (And maybe four is optimistic.)

More details to come.

I will be updating this semi-regularly, and I cannot promise to have any rhyme or reason as to why some things will make the blog, and some will not. You can't tell me what to do! ;)

Finally, I would like to acknowledge the parties who really, truly made me want to start this blog tonight of all nights: the two college freshmen girls who were lounging in the comfortable leather seats next to my wife and I at Starbucks this evening from roughly 8:15 to 9:45 and having the single dumbest conversation I have ever been subjected to in my life. Seriously, I have witnessed some ridiculously inane conversations in my time, and none have driven me to creating a blog just to have somewhere to complain about it.

Girl 1:
So I went to church with (names deleted) this morning, and I, like, was really sad because I'm like, leaving soon, and (deleted) came up to me and was like, "you will always have a place with us", and I was like "Aaaaaaaw?!?"

Girl 2:
Aaaaaaaaaw?!? That is soooo, like, sweet!

Girl 1:
I know, right? I was like, "Aaaaaw?!?"

(This would have actually been semi-heartwarming, and I would have written off the speech patterns that bugged me to my being unreasonable... if it had stopped there) (but it did not)

More snippets:

Girl 1:
I was scrolling through Facebook, and I saw that (name deleted) was commenting on (name deleted)'s photos AGAIN? Like, he is always commenting on her photos like, the instant that they post? And that has NOTHING to do with the fact that she, like, posts enough cleavage shots, right?

Girl 2:
Ugh. Skank.

Even more:

*complete silence while they ignore each other for a full 8 minutes while one of them plays with her phone, and the other one stares at a particular spot on the ceiling*
*ceiling proves boring, and one speaks*

Girl 1:
Y'know, sometimes it's nice to just sit and be comfortable with a friend, y'know?

Girl 2:
*startled, almost drops her phone*
What?!?

Even more:

Girl 1:
I don't think anyone in our graduating class was really, like, really hot, you know? Like, nobody was over a six! And I include myself. I am at best a solid six.

Girl 2:
Oh, please, you are like, TOTALLY a solid eight, eight-point-nine!

Girl 1:
Oh, stop. I am at best a SOLID six.

Girl 2:
I am totally serious! You are SO hot, and (name deleted) would be SO lucky to have you!!! You are a CATCH, girl!


[THIS POINT RIGHT HERE IS WHERE I DECIDED TO EITHER START THIS BLOG, OR GO AND DROWN MYSELF IN A (admittedly pretty clean, for a) PUBLIC TOILET.]

And here we are. I put on my beautiful new wireless, lossless Bluetooth earphones, put on the random song selection, and loaded up Google, figuring they probably would make this easy. Turns out there's an app for that, for my trusty Galaxy S3 and my Beloved IPad 2!

So thanks in advance for reading and following! I will endeavor to make it a regular thing, and make it interesting. The Bachelor Chronicles will be next up, I think.

I will also be posting what I am listening to, with a brief descriptor. Because... that's what I want to do.

Later!

Jared





No comments:

Post a Comment